Gujarat, one of the most amazing state in Incredible India.
It lies in Western and Northwest part of India. It is also called as “Land of Legends” because if we see its History, we will find many great legends like- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Vikram Sarabhai, Dhirubhai Ambani and Jamshedji Tata, who were born and lived here. These legends have left their footprints here, which has transformed Gujarat.
Gujarat got its name from Gujara, meaning the land of Gujjars, who ruled Gujarat in 700’s and 800’s. Gujarat’s history is from the Harappan Civilization to the Mughal period. Which makes the state Diverse in its culture.
Gujarat has got some real attraction points for travelers.
A visit to this state can be relaxing, rejuvenating and inspiring. So, let’s have a look at the Gujarat Tourism-
Akshardham Temple, Gandhinagar
This is a scared temple of Lord Swaminarayan. Established in 1992, Set up in an area of 23 acres, This beautiful temple has 6000 tonnes of pink sandstone and not a single steel is used. It is a perfect mix of ancient and modern values.
Travel Tip for Akshardham Temple
- The timings of the temple are from Morning 9:30am to Evening 7:30pm and Monday is closed. So, plan your trip accordingly, so that, you don’t miss visiting this amazing place.
- Cameras, Mobile are not allowed inside the temple premises.
- Leather belt, wallet and other accessories are not allowed inside the temple premises.
Gir National Park, Junagadh
If you have love for lions, this place is a must visit. The only natural habitat of the Asiatic Lions, where you can meet them face to face.
Gir, is also a home to various other wild animals like- black bucks, fish owls and hyenas. It is approximately 43 km away from Somnath Shiva Temple.
Travel Tip for GIR Forest
Take more than one open-roof jeep jungle safari and Stay at Least 2-days, in a jungle resort get a in depth touch of nature.
White Desert, Rann of Kutch
The most beautiful and serene place you will see and experience in whole Gujarat is Rann of Kutch. It is a mesmerizing wonder of ‘sand and salt’ and home to the Flamingos, which come all way from Siberia.
Travel Tip for White Desert, Kutch
- Best time to visit this Amazing place is during Rann Mahotsav and October to March.
- Avoid visiting Kutch in Rainy Season, as it is submerged in water.
- Visit White Desert on a Full Moon Night
- Watch a Sunset from White Desert / Rann of Kutch
Jagat Mandir, Dwarka
A temple built in the honor of Hindu Lord Shree Krishna. It is one of the Four Dhams and is also called as Dwarkadhish Temple.
It has 72 pillars, which are of immense significance. Situated on the banks of river Gomti, visitors can experience the intricate carvings of the temple.
Travel Tip for Dwarkadhish Temple
The temple is open from 7:00 am-12.30 pm in Morning and 5:00 pm-9.30 pm in Evening. So, check your timing, before you go.
One of the most Sacred of all the 12 Jyotirlingas. Located in Junagarh district, it is believed to be the first Jyotirlingas among the Twelve Jtotirlingas of India.
This temple has an amazing history, it is believed that the shrine was self-born in Somnath Temple.
The temple was destroyed six times and every time it was rebuilt, once in gold, once in silver, then in wood and now in stone.
Aarti timing of Somnath Temple
- Morning Aarti at 7:00 am and 12:00 noon
- Evening Aarti at 7:00 pm
Laxmi Vilas Palace, Vadodara
Private residence of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, the palace was built in 1890.
It is one of the grandest structure in India, designed in Indo-Saracenic style.
Spread over an area of 700 acres, it is believed to be nearly four times the size of Makarpura Palace & Buckingham Palace
It is opened for the general public at 9:30 am. And has an entry fee of Rs.200 per person.
Mandvi Beach, Kutch Gujarat
After all the historical and spiritual place, now comes the turn to enjoy yourself at beach. Mandvi Beach is a Picturesque beach famous for its water sports, sunset views and solar power wind turbines.
It is situated in the Kutch District of Gujarat. It’s water is cool and clear and one can enjoy the beach by simple walking or having some of the amazing water rides.
Travel Tip Mandavi Beach
- To be careful during High tides.
- Please keep Sunscreen and Sunglasses for protection from Sun.
- Spend at least 2-3 hours on the beach, to have full fun and enjoy its pristine beauty.
Zarwani Waterfalls, Gujarat
Situated in Narmada District, this waterfall is 90 km away from Vadodara. It is a perfect place for family / couple picnics and hangouts.
Surrounded with beautiful greenery, the place is best for nature lovers.
It also has a forest and wildlife (wild sloth bears, hyena etc.) to explore. It gives your mind full relaxation, while rejuvenating your body.
Travel Tip for Zarwani Waterfall
Best time to visit is from November to February. Avoid the place in summers, because of humidity, you may not be able to enjoy the place.
- Wear sport shoes, so that it is easy for you to trek.
- Smoking is prohibited, because of the jungle.
- Carry light luggage, so that you can climb easily
Great Indian Bustard Sanctuary, Kutch
It is also known as Lala-Parjan Sanctuary. It is one of the two Great Indian Bustard Sanctuary.
The other Sanctuary is in Jamnagar. It is spread upto an area of 2 Sq Km and is the largest home ground of Indian Bustard. You will find there the Spotted and Indian Sangrouse, the Black and Gray Francolin, Shrikes, Quails, Larks, Coursers and Plovers.
This place is worth visiting as the species found here are rare and unique.
Travel Tip Great Indian Bustard Sanctuary, Kutch
- Do not go close to animals.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Do not remove anything from the park.
- Carry good amount of Water bottle, because you may not find a restaurant around
Other useful Travel tips for traveling Gujarat
- To taste a Gujarati platter (which contains all the delicacies of the State) is must.
- Have an evening spent at Gujarat’s local market and experience the local handicrafts.
- Gujarat is a dry state, so try avoiding the alcohol consumption.
- Regarding Attire, try avoiding revealing clothes. As Gujarat, is a traditional state.
From Spiritual to Waterfalls to Wildlife, Gujarat is a perfect mix of Cultural Diversity. On your trip, to this amazing state, try to cover the above points. So that, you get a feel of Real Gujarat.
“Kuch din to gujariye Gujarat mein”